BIADS’ has launched a fundraising appeal to ensure the 200 families in Barnsley who receive carer support advice, continue to do so after a shortfall in funding was identified.
Current funding for this vital service runs out in May 2017 and new funding isn’t expected to be in place until November. So to keep the service afloat, we need to raise the £15,000 shortfall before the end of June 2017, via our Carer Support SOS Appeal.
Dedicated Carer Support Workers, Jacky Phelan and Lesley Parkes are the first point of contact a carer has when they are referred, or self-refer to BIADS. They provide information about other agencies, BIADS’ activities and make referrals if agreed. The majority of carers also receive telephone support every five to six weeks.
“I was reluctant to bring my wife to BIADS to begin with as I didn’t want to see others who were in the same boat, I have since realised, what you provide is a lifeboat.” A relieved carer
- £7.50 will pay for a 30-minute phone call
- £15 will pay for one-hour of face-to-face carer support
- £45 will pay for a carer support group to take place
- £60 will pay for the all-important introductory meeting to carer support
Please note the above costs include staff time, preparation and follow-up work. You can donate via:
- Just Giving – click here
- PayPal – click here please type ‘SOS’ in the purpose box
- Text CSOS15 and your chosen amount of £2 / £5 / £10 to 70070
- Cheques should be made payable to ‘BIADS’ and sent to our registered address: BIADS’ Support Centre, Joseph Exley House, Dean Street, Barnsley, S70 6EX
Thank you – any amount you give will go towards keeping our carer support service going. If you wish to host a fundraising event linked to this campaign BIADS will support you. Please contact michelle@BIADS.org.uk
To hear carer Pam Oughton, 68 from Wombwell, explain how grateful she is for the on-going support she receives whilst caring for her husband David, click here